Dong ding spring 2020 vs 2022

Semi-oxidized tea
Teafortea

Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:42 am

Bok wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:46 am
Tor wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:32 am
There’re about 6,000 tea samples enter The Lugu Farmers' Association Dong Ding Oolong Tea Competition each year. 15% of which are awarded “3-blossom”, which translated to about 900 teas. Chances are, even if you buy 2 tins of this 3-blossom prized teas of the same year, you would likely get 2 totally different ones.
:lol: Which is why the really best don’t bother entering this sort of competition in the first place ;)
it's like with the wines here and the olive oil in Italy, I get the process 100%. My uncle olives don't have any reward, nor does he even outsource to outsiders, other than locals, but I tell you you are getting the best olive oil you have ever tried. Green thick and velvety liquid. all you need is a piece of bread and salt :) . What you buy in the stores does not even come close to it.

I am tired of throwing teas, so in this case I was happy I could find a use of it and like it since I have no bad chemical reaction whatsoever from it.
Tor

Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:10 am

For people who live in Taiwan or know their ways around local shops, this kind of tea may not be the best buy. But for those whose only options are “western-facing” vendors, these “3-blossom” tins are quite alright price/quality-wise, IMHO.