What Oolong Are You Drinking

Semi-oxidized tea
pantry

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:48 pm

Finally tried the space cat rougui today. Subtle, smooth, and very forgiving. It's not the most in-your-face rougui I've had, but my body felt comfortable afterwards (some Yancha made me want to lie down). Very forgiving to brew (was running a meeting while making tea). Are these signs of high quality Yancha? I won't mind another cup :lol:
Bok
Vendor

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:32 pm

pantry wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:48 pm
Finally tried the space cat rougui today. Subtle, smooth, and very forgiving. It's not the most in-your-face rougui I've had, but my body felt comfortable afterwards (some Yancha made me want to lie down). Very forgiving to brew (was running a meeting while making tea). Are these signs of high quality Yancha? I won't mind another cup :lol:
In-your-face-Rougui would usually be a bad sign. Good Yancha is subtle, not in your face. In general, the better the tea, the easier to brew it is.
Shine Magical

Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:58 am

I’m nearing the bottom of my Organic Baozhong packet from Tea Masters. I’ve found that using more leaf than normal brings out the floral flavor I like in this tea. Using boiling water like I do for most of his teas. I actually might buy it again, especially if semi-wild Baozhong doesn’t come back. :)
Bok
Vendor

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:33 am

Shine Magical wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:58 am
I’m nearing the bottom of my Organic Baozhong packet from Tea Masters. I’ve found that using more leaf than normal brings out the floral flavor I like in this tea. Using boiling water like I do for most of his teas. I actually might buy it again, especially if semi-wild Baozhong doesn’t come back. :)
I also find I like Baozhong best with a high leaf ratio and high heat. Otherwise it’s getting too light for me.

Those semi wild teas are really small batches and getting very popular among local tea people. So I’d except the availability to go down rather than up.
pantry

Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:58 pm

Had Wuyi Origin’s Jin Mao Hou from last year...it was all right.