What Oolong Are You Drinking

Semi-oxidized tea
debunix

Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:29 am

Norbu's Red Alishan oolong, such a reliably lovely tea, drinking leftovers from yesterday's giant thermos (the 2L bottle) that I brought to work, and, despite a 12hour plus day, didn't finish there. This '24 hour' infusion is lukewarm, fine for a warm summery morning (tank top and shorts weather in the house this AM), and rich with plummy and spicy notes. Gotta love a tea like this that shines no matter how it is used, whether infused in my favorite unglazed teapot for many small infusions, or tossed and forgotten overnight in the giant thermos. It's just that good. So happy to have opened a new packet of it, mmmmm.
Tillerman
Vendor

Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:26 pm

What oolong am I drinking today? I don't know!! Three Taiwanese gaoshan from the spring harvest but which ones? I am having fun taking part in the Floating Leaves blind tasting challenge. It will take me a couple of more brews before I make my guesses. Stay tuned. Great fun from Shiuwen and Noah B-a.
FL Photo.jpg
FL Photo.jpg (221.71 KiB) Viewed 122 times
pantry

Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Brewed the winter 2018 heavy roast dong ding from HY Chen in a zini pot. The heat from the roast still hasn't quite dissipated, and I could feel it in my in and out breaths. I'm putting the rest away to try again end of this year!