Puerh and other heicha
Dresden

Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:47 pm

Today's haul from Yunnan Sourcing!

Puerh.jpg
Puerh.jpg (219.78 KiB) Viewed 2637 times
oolongfan

Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:16 pm

@Dresden - Hope you report back as you drink your way through your order from YS.

I lucked out in that my first introduction to pu erh was through a sample of Essence of Tea's 2000 Green Peacock raw pu erh, which was kindly sent to me by tingjunkie along with a purchased teapot. What delightful introduction that was, espeically since tingjunkie was kind enough to give me some brewing guideline as well.

I am still very new in my pu erh journey but I think the advice you have received thus far is excellent. Just enjoy the journey. If your tastes change over time, don't forget to revisit those first cakes that delighted you. The only caution I would give you is that it is very easy to go down th pu erh rabbit hole...and neglect your other teas. I do this oocasionally and whne I finally get back to my beloved oolongs, then I am wondering why I neglected them so ;)
tingjunkie

Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:28 am

Just one bit of additional advice: tea experiences "travel shock" when being shipped through the mail, especially intercontinental shipping. Give those teas at least a week or more to rest before trying them out, otherwise you won't get a proper impression.
Elise

Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:39 pm

tingjunkie wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:28 am
Just one bit of additional advice: tea experiences "travel shock" when being shipped through the mail, especially intercontinental shipping. Give those teas at least a week or more to rest before trying them out, otherwise you won't get a proper impression.
Waiting a week is a very good advice indeed. I would add that you should get some sample of sheng from
Hojo Tea, it’s an easy entry for puerh sheng. I can especially recommend Yang Min shan and Dong Shan (both sheng puerh).