What HeiCha are you drinking

Puerh and other heicha
Post Reply
User avatar
Victoria
Admin
Posts: 2245
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:33 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Contact:

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Share what HeiCha you are drinking and feel free to illustrate your offering.
User avatar
Stephen
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 pm
Location: Bay Area, California

Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:16 pm

1994 Hong Kong traditional storage Liu An from TealifeHK. Just really good tea.
Attachments
20171024_085747-1008x756.jpg
20171024_085747-1008x756.jpg (264.55 KiB) Viewed 6410 times
Last edited by Stephen on Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Victoria
Admin
Posts: 2245
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:33 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Contact:

Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Stephen wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:16 pm
1994 Hong Kong traditional storage Liu An from TealifeHK. Just really good tea.
Is the flavor as rich and deep as the dark brew appears?
User avatar
Stephen
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 pm
Location: Bay Area, California

Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:57 pm

Victoria wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:19 pm
Is the flavor as rich and deep as the dark brew appears?
I would say so. Thick with a nice ginseng aroma. That was 2nd steep maybe. It's a loose tea so I was brewing quickly using 5.5g to 110ml.
User avatar
tealifehk
Vendor
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:58 am
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:49 am

Just seeing this now! Thank you Stephen! This tea sold so quickly I've had to limit purchases since someone bought almost all of it! It was a steal for the price considering what 90s baskets go for down here!
User avatar
Stephen
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 pm
Location: Bay Area, California

Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:42 pm

tealifehk wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:49 am
Just seeing this now! Thank you Stephen! This tea sold so quickly I've had to limit purchases since someone bought almost all of it! It was a steal for the price considering what 90s baskets go for down here!
Maybe I was the one who bought a bunch of it ;)
User avatar
tealifehk
Vendor
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:58 am
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:19 pm

Stephen wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:42 pm
tealifehk wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:49 am
Just seeing this now! Thank you Stephen! This tea sold so quickly I've had to limit purchases since someone bought almost all of it! It was a steal for the price considering what 90s baskets go for down here!
Maybe I was the one who bought a bunch of it ;)
Oh, yes, it was you wasn't it? I didn't realize you were that Stephen! :D
User avatar
heichaholiday
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:25 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:29 pm

I drank some fairly young Sun Yi Shun Liu An today from Chawang Shop. Very tasty with a golden raisin like aroma and taste. Really nice mouthfeel. Not exactly thick but very present and the sweetness really lingers.
Liu An Leaves
Liu An Leaves
IMG_2754.jpg (163.41 KiB) Viewed 6231 times
Attachments
Liu An Brewed
Liu An Brewed
IMG_2755.jpg (109.75 KiB) Viewed 6231 times
User avatar
Ragamuffin
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:26 pm
Location: Clearwater, FL

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:57 pm

2015 Gao Jia Shan "Wu Long Mountain" from Yunnan Sourcing; brews a gold color, the taste is medicinal and a bit smokey at first, but has a pleasant sweetness and becomes more clean and mineral in subsequent infusions. Unfortunately it also tastes a bit like rubber gloves... I still have lot to learn about tian jian and other hei chas, but so far I definitely prefer my tian jian darker and more roasted of fermented.
User avatar
Shine Magical
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:13 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:43 pm

F4211467-ED20-49A1-8418-236C43CC6BAE.jpeg
F4211467-ED20-49A1-8418-236C43CC6BAE.jpeg (266.85 KiB) Viewed 6004 times
Having all 12g’s while rinsing our a new heini pot. Medium thickness, pile of fall leaves, with a pleasant aged flavor.

I received a lot of other good stuff that I can’t wait to try. :D
User avatar
mrmopu
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:48 am
Location: Blacksburg Va.
Contact:

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:56 am

Shine Magical wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:43 pm
F4211467-ED20-49A1-8418-236C43CC6BAE.jpeg

Having all 12g’s while rinsing our a new heini pot. Medium thickness, pile of fall leaves, with a pleasant aged flavor.

I received a lot of other good stuff that I can’t wait to try. :D
Nice setup you have there! My better half keeps me minimal on allowed brewing space.
User avatar
Shine Magical
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:13 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:12 pm

C46F0D65-A45E-4D69-82EE-1877884F428A.jpeg
C46F0D65-A45E-4D69-82EE-1877884F428A.jpeg (179.08 KiB) Viewed 5936 times
Had 1940’s Liu An from Essence of Tea. Initial rinses smelled lovely, like space ice cream. Initial tastings were like cacao nib, and it ended I guess a sweet cacao nib note. Nice, my favorite part was the smell of the initial rinses.
Teachronicles
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:13 am
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:35 pm

Shine Magical wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:12 pm
C46F0D65-A45E-4D69-82EE-1877884F428A.jpeg

Had 1940’s Liu An from Essence of Tea. Initial rinses smelled lovely, like space ice cream. Initial tastings were like cacao nib, and it ended I guess a sweet cacao nib note. Nice, my favorite part was the smell of the initial rinses.
Shine those are some pretty special heicha samples you got there. Older than probably a lot of people on the forum.
User avatar
Shine Magical
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:13 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:14 pm

Teachronicles wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:35 pm
Shine Magical wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:12 pm
C46F0D65-A45E-4D69-82EE-1877884F428A.jpeg

Had 1940’s Liu An from Essence of Tea. Initial rinses smelled lovely, like space ice cream. Initial tastings were like cacao nib, and it ended I guess a sweet cacao nib note. Nice, my favorite part was the smell of the initial rinses.
Shine those are some pretty special heicha samples you got there. Older than probably a lot of people on the forum.
It’s important to taste old tea!
Teachronicles
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:13 am
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:08 am

First heicha, and oh boy it's good. Bonus sunset pictures.

Post Reply