Everyday Puer and Heicha

Puerh and other heicha
dhaas66
New user

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:58 am

My apologies from the start as I am not an experienced tea person. I am looking for a everyday drinking Puer or Heicha that I can brew instead of coffee every day. I like more of the full bodied darker brewed teas.

Could someone give me a supplier and point me to several options for a daily? I think the grandpa style brew would be my method of brewing as I would be drinking this while at work.

Thank you.

David
Last edited by dhaas66 on Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dhaas66
New user

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:07 pm

Thank you for all the input.
mrmopu

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:06 pm

Dayi, HaiWan or BoYou puerh shous should brew dark like coffee in color. Those are probably the best factories that I personally like for shou.
Aged sheng will get darker but not as dark as shou but generally more expensive for the sheng.
Thundercleese

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:15 am

If you're new to tea, the best advice I could give would be to not buy too much of anything until you know what you like best.

One River Tea has an interesting-looking heicha sampler pack that would probably be a good start. White2Tea has a few heicha and a bunch of shou puer, including some like Smokeshou that have been smoked and Shufu Shufu, which is a blend of heicha and shou puer with golden flowers.
debunix

Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:42 am

I love the Menghai Lao Cha Tou for everyday puerh as a plummy, earthy, mellow, undemanding tea that is reliably pleasing to me and the many people who look forward to my tea sharing in the office and clinic. I got them first from Norbu (sadly no longer in tea retail) and Yunnan Sourcing. I have also really enjoyed some YS Hui Run Bulang shu, and bought a lot of some 2011 or 2012 bricks. I have not ordered YS current offerings because I bought a lot back in 2011-2014 but I would recommend checking out some samples as potential daily drinkers. For me, a little goes a LONG way because I brew more dilute than many others here, but I am glad to have these always on hand when I just need gentle, reliable, pleasant tea sessions or to-go tea.