Whats your puer storage like and what are your thoughts on puer storage in general?

Puerh and other heicha
Teachronicles

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:43 pm

I'm reading kyarazens blog right now and he talks about completely sealing his puer cakes for storage. Which, if I remember correctly, the cakes will not ferment as much as they will oxidize, perhaps both but less fermentation than if it were interacting with the outside environment, please correct me if I'm wrong.

After reading about and talking to a good amount of people I know that there are a lot of different thoughts on puer storage. Kyarazens method of completely sealing the cake was interesting because at first I really wanted to preserve the original fragrance of some my more fragrant cakes. But without interacting with the outside environment (room, pumidor, etc.) it will definitely take much longer to age that tea right? Currently I have all my cakes in a cooler that sits at about 68°F and 69-71% humidity. After talking to a few puer vendors and reading a lot of blogs that humidity seems like a good spot. I also have some of my cakes in open paper bags with the hope it will preserve some fragrance but also be able to interact with the outside environment.

So I'm wondering, what is your storage like, and what are your thoughts on puer storage in general?
Atlas

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:57 am

Teachronicles wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:43 pm
But without interacting with the outside environment (room, pumidor, etc.) it will definitely take much longer to age that tea right?
That depends on what causes aging.

You might find some of this thread interesting, for what it's worth.
Psyck

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:24 am

There are already posts on this topic in this forum:

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=20

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=253
Teachronicles

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:23 pm

I should have looked. My bad. I'm on mobile and can't figure out how to delete this thread. Can one of the mods do it? And I'll head over to that thread. Thanks psyck