Teapot / brewing vessel for heicha

Puerh and other heicha
Yu855

Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:08 pm

I've been wondering what kind of teapot would you prefer to use in general if we would be talking about brewing non-liubao heicha. It is my understanding that heicha likes it hot and longer brews, so a teapot that can keep heat in better and longer should be better no? I would be interested in hearing other peoples opinions on this.

Also, do you people think this sort of teapot would be good for heicha?
https://keramikstudio.artkeramika.cz/en ... uct/1578/
DailyTX

Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:52 pm

Not sure which Heicha do you drink, I do consume liu bao from time to time. I prefer a non glazed ceramic pot, 200-300 ml, and thick wall (optional). Most Heicha have been fermented, so the non glazed property can provide some rounding to the tea. I always brew it with boiling water in case the tea has golden flowers. A pot that's 200 ml+ can hold heat pretty well regardless of the thickness.
Balthazar

Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:50 am

Volume and the presence of a lid are the most important parameters for the heat greedy teas imo. My goto pots for most Anhua heichas are a nixing pot of around 230 ml and a zini pot of around 300 ml.

With more tippy stuff, e.g. liuans and tianjians, I'll usually use smaller vessels (through they can work great with larger ones too).

No experience with the linked Potter, so can't answer that I'm afraid. If anesthetics aren't a big criterion, I think getting a ~200ml nixing will give you the best value for your money at least for Anhua heichas.