Ripe Puh Erh nugs aging

Puerh and other heicha
GushuDino69
New user

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:42 am

Hello, I'm not someone that ages tea normally, but I was able to get some tea from a friend that didnt like ripe puh erh. But the tea I was given were nugs. I know that aging is better in cake form for the purpose of monitoring bacteria, but these are chunks. Would they age well or are they better off just being drank? What special precautions should I take for these specifically? Should I go with a yixing or just unglazed jar or a tin/bag? And resources for what to look for with aging to know no bad bacteria is growing? I have a plan to save up a batch of special teas for each "doomsday year" that I live through. 2000, 2012, 2020 (so far). Also one from when I was born. And drink it when I retire. It's a silly thing, but it's fun and gives me something to look forward to later in life. These wont be massive storage of tea, but a good bit. Sorry for the book, I'm still trying to learn and everyone has opinions.
pedant
Admin

Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:34 pm

welcome, @GushuDino69. please introduce yourself :mrgreen:

it depends a bit on how long you want to age, but imo tea ages better (or at least faster) broken up anyways. maocha (non-compressed tea) also ages faster.
a main downside is it takes up more storage space.

there are no special precautions to take. as usual, just watch out for bad smells and visual signs of mold.