Shu Recommendations for Sheng Lover

Puerh and other heicha
aet
Vendor

Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:27 pm

Yep , unfortunately I must agree with StoneLadle here about the prices in HK . I'd say everything is very expensive there. I lived in Shenzhen before , which is not cheap either but going to HK for me was like "yehee, let's spend some money" ;-)
The rents are so high , that some people working in HK travel every day to and from Shenzhen where they live coz still works out cheaper incl. travel costs and time spend on the road ( subway ) .
Having a shop is much more pressure , so if sell items which are not like bottle of water or cigarettes type stuff ( frequently selling stuff ) , you need to put some serious margin to pay the rent.
But also as already mentioned here , every item ( in this case tea ) has it's customer despite the price. There are many selling and buying concepts give you a reasons why buy tea from vendor A and not from vendor B.
I believe there is no ultimate true in this ( what is better / fair price=value=quality ) formula as individual variables in this equation are speculable and individually perceptionable.
Somebody loves HK storage and somebody can't stand the taste.
Somebody can't taste difference from Guangzhou storage and somebody would fight to the last breath to convince everybody around that the difference is significant, as much as justified price difference ( in most cases the vendor or enthusiastic HK tea lover would do so. General tea drinker doesn't give fiddlers much about it ) .
I believe every buyer can justify their purchases.
StoneLadle

Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:52 am

At the end of the day, given the prices being hiked around and what's on offer, say from @YeeOnTeaCo for example, as it's topical... My comment would be to grab some decent HKG traditional stored raw cakes instead... These 7581 bricks have been totally driven beyond sanity levels and have become currency instead of drinkable tea...

Anyways, as I've always contended, cooked PE is just trying to imitate well stored traditional HKG aged raw PE... MUAHAHAHAA
YeeOnTeaCo
Vendor

Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:43 pm

StoneLadle wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:52 am
At the end of the day, given the prices being hiked around and what's on offer, say from YeeOnTeaCo for example, as it's topical... My comment would be to grab some decent HKG traditional stored raw cakes instead... These 7581 bricks have been totally driven beyond sanity levels and have become currency instead of drinkable tea...

Anyways, as I've always contended, cooked PE is just trying to imitate well stored traditional HKG aged raw PE... MUAHAHAHAA
We have a great shu that is very economical and we think it’s as much of a great cup as the 7581. PM if you are interested 😉
thommes

Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:59 am

DailyTX wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:16 pm

I have had good experience with the CNNP 7581 from YS. It’s currently out of stock in their US shop. Their golden melon was also a good budget ripe
I haven't tried the 7581 from YS as I don't buy a lot of factory teas, but I agree that the golden melon was a good decent shou for the price.