How to explain pleasant bitterness

Puerh and other heicha
klepto

Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:52 pm

StoneLadle wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:25 pm

Needs a few more years I reckon this... A cake that I would break up and store under stress to accelerate fermentation. It can take a lot of punishment and yield rewards...
True, and most likely I'd try to age but instead gobble it up with regrets :D
StoneLadle

Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:59 pm

@klepto harvest some from around the edges and stuff, and keep it in a small tin or container, opening it once a day say hi you know..., keep it somewhere warm, after a week... Brew it...
Balthazar

Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:01 pm

StoneLadle wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:18 pm
Your knowledge of Isowis is great indeed. This was a gift from a friend and I gladly accepted it back in 2010 and then years later it's still woody and lively but the texture is beginning to show. Perhaps another 5 years but I'll keep trimming the edges as they ripen...

I dont know anything about this cake other than its from the Ban Zhang area and picked from wild old trees. And at 13 years stored here in various places before ending up under my old bed for a decade and I found it during some tea hunting, I'm glad I did!...

It's smokey but tasty. Not too dry, enough smoothness to promise more.

Happy to send some out but can you check if you can receive tea from Malaysia??
Thanks for the kind offer! I can indeed receive tea from Malaysia (most of my tea purchases are from Malaysia these days), but the shipping is not cheap. Tell you what, I'll let you know when I have the chance to visit Malaysia (or you let me know if you ever come to visit Norway) and we'll sit down for some cups :)
OCTO

Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:20 am

Balthazar wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:01 pm
StoneLadle wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:18 pm
Your knowledge of Isowis is great indeed. This was a gift from a friend and I gladly accepted it back in 2010 and then years later it's still woody and lively but the texture is beginning to show. Perhaps another 5 years but I'll keep trimming the edges as they ripen...

I dont know anything about this cake other than its from the Ban Zhang area and picked from wild old trees. And at 13 years stored here in various places before ending up under my old bed for a decade and I found it during some tea hunting, I'm glad I did!...

It's smokey but tasty. Not too dry, enough smoothness to promise more.

Happy to send some out but can you check if you can receive tea from Malaysia??
Thanks for the kind offer! I can indeed receive tea from Malaysia (most of my tea purchases are from Malaysia these days), but the shipping is not cheap. Tell you what, I'll let you know when I have the chance to visit Malaysia (or you let me know if you ever come to visit Norway) and we'll sit down for some cups :)
@Balthazar

Don't forget to make plans to come visit me too..... @StoneLadle knows where to find me.... 😂

Cheers!!
Balthazar

Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:23 am

OCTO wrote:
Balthazar

Don't forget to make plans to come visit me too..... StoneLadle knows where to find me.... 😂

Cheers!!
Seems like I will have to make a visit to Malaysia sooner rather than later, haha. Priority #1 would be to visit you guys. Priority #2 to eat up all the durian :P. Let's hope this covid thing blows over before too many years have passed :)

(And of course, do let me know if you ever come visit my neck of the woods!)
OCTO

Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:03 am

Balthazar wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:23 am
OCTO wrote:
Balthazar

Don't forget to make plans to come visit me too..... StoneLadle knows where to find me.... 😂

Cheers!!
Seems like I will have to make a visit to Malaysia sooner rather than later, haha. Priority #1 would be to visit you guys. Priority #2 to eat up all the durian :P. Let's hope this covid thing blows over before too many years have passed :)

(And of course, do let me know if you ever come visit my neck of the woods!)
@Balthazar

Looking forward.