Fu cha recommendations?

Puerh and other heicha
thommes

Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:03 pm

I'm looking to expand from strict puer into more hei chas. Interested in trying a good fu cha. Anyone have a recommendation for a source for a good fu cha? USA domestic would be awesome.

Edit: Guess it's also called Fu Zhuan
Nis

Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:00 am

Exquisite Leaves is probably your best bet. Certainly the only specialized shop I know of. Yunnan Sourcing also has some.
Nis

Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:18 pm

Zhen Tea supposedly has some really nice hei cha.

Talking Tea did an episode with them, which you can find here: https://talkingteapodcasts.com/2019/03/ ... e-shadows/
thommes

Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:38 am

Nis wrote:
Thanks for the recommendation. Would have loved to have checked them out, but whatever HTML5 code that they tried to spice up their site with is preventing me from clicking on anything to get off the first page.

I just checked Bitterleaf and he has the new fuzhuan up. Going to try it out and another one he has.
Nis

Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:19 am

thommes wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:38 am
Nis wrote:
Thanks for the recommendation. Would have loved to have checked them out, but whatever HTML5 code that they tried to spice up their site with is preventing me from clicking on anything to get off the first page.
Definitely a case of form over function, I agree. You'll have to scroll down a bit, for the menu to appear.

Here's a direct link: https://www.zhentea.ca/shop/chinese-tea/dark-tea/

I recommend following Exquisite Leaves on Instagram. They occasionally announce special offers there. Here's a 20% off from three weeks ago, which might still work.
thommes

Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:10 am

I don't FB or IG due to having issues with a certain CEO so I miss out on a lot of offers.

I went with Bitterleaf Tea and bought the two fuchas they offered. I waited a while for the 1kilo brick to become available. The order arrived today and I broke into the Gold Dust as it was sections of a broken brick. First fucha that I've had and only second heicha, that being a Liu Bao. So not much really to compare it to. Its probably a mental thing but I started taking some powdered mushroom extract recently and the taste slightly reminds me of those extracts. Will have to have a few more sessions with it before providing tasting notes.