How to brew Bigfoot Style (Illustrated)

Puerh and other heicha
powersnacks

Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:59 pm

In this post I will demonstrate how to brew Bigfoot Style.

Bigfoot Style is defined by Jason D in his review of the 2019 XG Sweet Ripe.

Jason's method is quoted extensively in this post as I dutifully replicate this exciting new method for making tea.

Shout out to the other fans of Jason D. in the tea discord.

How to brew Bigfoot Style

A faithful demonstration of brewing ripe puerh in the Bigfoot Style.
I slam down a 16 oz pyrex,
single stab the cake in the right spot,
break off a chunk with bigfoot hand wiggles, using both hands and fingers to wiggle the leaves apart.

And now that I have a bigfoot handful of leaves, I throw them into the pyrex.
My bigfoot finger presses the tiny button on my bigfoot size zojirushi and I rinse the leaves for 5-10 seconds. Sniff them, smell sweet and yummy.
But bigfoot no eat.
Next I fill the pyrex full. Hold it up to the ceiling light and wait...okay...tap my bigfoot on the floor a few counts...now color deep, good.
Pour through tiny mesh filter into another 16 ounce pyrex.
Pour into bigfoot teacup.
Then I steep another pyrex, hold to light, color good and pour off, save for later.
Now I eat lunch, spaghetti with 2/3 pound ground beef. Drink tea during meal. Yum!
Now I eat lunch, spaghetti with 2/3 pound ground beef.
Reserve 1/3 pound for something else.

Now I eat lunch, spaghetti with 2/3 pound ground beef.
Browning
Add Onions
Add wine and tomatoes
Reduce
Drink tea during meal. Yum!
Meal done, I drink cool waiting pyrex and take with lots of wild ginseng. Yum!
I don't have wild ginseng but I do have sour watermelon gummies.

Then another pyrex, and another last pyrex with multivitamin. Now bigfoot full.
Bigfoot is indeed full. I actually finished the first infusion while cooking, it is very good. I am on the fourth and final one now.

I go to bed and take a nap. The world fades and I begin float and hover 3 feet above the bed as I pass out. Bigfoot in heaven.
Everyday should be like this.
I agree with Jason D. Everyday should be like this.

Code: Select all

Imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/ORGMZDv
pantry

Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:17 pm

This looks amazing and worthy of replication. Away goes zisha, here comes Pyrex!
I will be needing that Bigfoot mesh filter as well! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Victoria
Admin

Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:01 pm

Haha great post @powersnacks :) . Read it while lunching on a Bolognese I made last night and sipping on yesterday’s overnight steep of Shincha. I think in my case sheng would have been a better match though 🍃.
debunix

Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:12 am

Something almost like this (drop the quantity of ground beef per serving way down) was my introduction to tea, after I'd been the only one at the table to drink the tea at a chinese restaurant and decided I liked it.

My father learned to like tea from his calligraphy buddy, Alice. I suspect Alice probably shared tea brewed up from a pot at her home in San Francisco, but although I found a few interesting pots in his cluttered workroom after he died, I cannot recall him ever preparing tea other than in a pyrex pitcher and using a strainer to pour it into a coffee mug. He did follow her lead and stuck loyally to teas she recommended, and the red label Sea Dyke Ti Kuan Yin was the best he could get as a white guy in San Francisco's Chinatown in the 70s--even that required some coaxing to get from specific shops because they sometimes kept it behind the counter and would only sell it to preferred customers.

I have occasionally resorted to the pitcher method over time, but since pots, gaiwans, and shiboridashi represent an aesthetically-pleasing performance-enhancement, I stick mostly to them, but I also revert to type when bulk-brewing in the thermos for tea on the go. And I still drink SeaDyke red label TKY as a go-to daily drinker.