Anyone drinking the latest Liquid Proust Group Buy?

Puerh and other heicha
gld

Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:26 am

I was happy to find the large assortment a few weeks ago, I'm sorry to see nothing on it online. After letting it acclimatize (or whatever) while I drink my stash down I am now slowly experimenting and enjoying several of them. I appreciate being introduced teas and new vendors. Currently I'm not quarantining at my apartment and I only brought one oolong with me, so no notes. Maybe later.

I've done a nice Taiwan testing through TIllerman and this. I've done tea clubs, and they are great and fun, but I'd rather do these types of buys. I like the idea of a curated approach, vertical like Tillerma's samples, or exploring the market as Liquid Proust seems to be doing.

I would recommend looking out for future ones.
Iizuki

Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:45 am

What buy are you referring to? I got the YQH sampler. And you're quite right, LP samplers are great!
powersnacks

Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:47 am

I am! My favorites so far are the sample from Nanxu factory and the 2003 bingdao
beachape

Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:12 pm

LiquidProust releases samplers throughout the year and they are all fantastic buys in my opinion. They tend to be high-end boutique teas and hard to find teas. I try to buy every one he releases, because I always learn something new from the teas. #8 was really good and I'm still working through it. Excited for the Sheng Olympiad as well.
dottea
New user

Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:49 pm

I just started dipping my toes into this group buy too. I'm glad to see the prompt here. I started with the J Tea International Phoenix Puer from 2012. It was a real treat.

The flavor reminded me a bit of a factory tea or maybe menghai? It was thoroughly durable with a pleasant feeling. Looking forward to the rest!