Is home aging a myth if you don't live somewhere hot and humid?

Puerh and other heicha
gregcss

Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:46 pm

@lUKAV28 I use a plastic tub instead of bags, particularly the Sistema 7 litre tubs. They have larger and smaller tubs depending on your needs. Here is the link https://sistemaplastics.com/products/kl ... ectangular. I have 5 tubs in use, separate ripe from raw and young raw from aged raw. I use 2 - 60g boveda 69% packs in each tub, and recharge them when needed.
lUKAV28

Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:39 am

@gregcss very nice, thank you. So it is not a problem to store different young sheng cakes together only in their wrappers? I am just curious if cakes take over each other aromas or it is totally not worth mentioning.
gregcss

Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:38 pm

lUKAV28 wrote:
gregcss very nice, thank you. So it is not a problem to store different young sheng cakes together only in their wrappers? I am just curious if cakes take over each other aromas or it is totally not worth mentioning.
That's what I do. Here's an example. 8 different cakes from different vendors all in one tub. Note all are 2019 raw puer. There is a large piece of puer paper as a liner.

Rui

Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:42 am

gregcss wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:38 pm
lUKAV28 wrote:
gregcss very nice, thank you. So it is not a problem to store different young sheng cakes together only in their wrappers? I am just curious if cakes take over each other aromas or it is totally not worth mentioning.
That's what I do. Here's an example. 8 different cakes from different vendors all in one tub. Note all are 2019 raw puer. There is a large piece of puer paper as a liner.
On my side I also use this sort of plastic tubs. I usually add around 8 to 9 individual cakes to a cotton bag which is used for this purpose. Around five bags fit in each of these containers.

When I lived in England the indoors humidity was pretty good even with the heaters switched on during winter but now I am also going to use the Boveda humidity packs until I can afford a large glass humidor with automatic electronic humidity and temperature settings.

Only a very few select more expensive tea cakes were kept at home in small humidors ( 3 to 4 cakes each) which had individual Boveda humidity packs.

Interestingly enough the tea cakes that have matured the fastest are in the two humidors I keep permanently in the office in humidors with Boveda packs. Nothing like an overheated office environment to mature pu'er tea!