What Pu'er Are You Drinking

Puerh and other heicha
OCTO

Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:08 am

@StoneLadle

Sounds like quiet an adventure you had there.... hahaha.... looking forward to our next session..... 😁😁😁
StoneLadle

Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:13 am

OCTO wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:08 am
StoneLadle

Sounds like quiet an adventure you had there.... hahaha.... looking forward to our next session..... 😁😁😁
There were a lot of issues raised with this example of a yellow mark... Makes me want to hunt down a HKG cake of this tea...

But it shows that arrested development has its merits... The thing is though, for me, this puts the very nature of Pu Erh into doubt...
maitre_tea

Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:35 pm

Drinking a sample of the White2Tea 2020 Green Hype - I don't think I've had sheng this young in almost 10 years. Very good cha qi, floral notes, lingering hui gan, and not too much bitterness. It's making me feel warm and I can feel my heartbeat accelerating. Maybe I have good tolerance, but I don't detect any bitterness, which I find very strange and suspect. Is this one of those tasty young sheng that won't age well that people are talking about these days?
klepto

Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:20 pm

maitre_tea wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:35 pm
Drinking a sample of the White2Tea 2020 Green Hype - I don't think I've had sheng this young in almost 10 years. Very good cha qi, floral notes, lingering hui gan, and not too much bitterness. It's making me feel warm and I can feel my heartbeat accelerating. Maybe I have good tolerance, but I don't detect any bitterness, which I find very strange and suspect. Is this one of those tasty young sheng that won't age well that people are talking about these days?
I've wanted to try White2Tea's shengs for the longest time but their weird names throw me off. All I want to know is where the leaf came from, what environment did it come from and is it older tree material or semi-old tree material. I'm beginning to dislike tea vendors that add obscurity to their teas origins.
Balthazar

Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:31 pm

klepto wrote:
I've wanted to try White2Tea's shengs for the longest time but their weird names throw me off. All I want to know is where the leaf came from, what environment did it come from and is it older tree material or semi-old tree material. I'm beginning to dislike tea vendors that add obscurity to their teas origins.
White2tea is doing this on purpose, partially as a statement to the status quo of where bold claims (and often outright lies) about origin/cultivation/age reigns surpreme. The whole point is to focus on the experience of the tea rather than unverifiable claims. You could call it a blind tasting of sorts.

I'm also not the biggest fan of W2T's branding and overall style (and haven't bough tpuer from him for years), but I do think his philosophy has its merits.
klepto

Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:04 pm

Balthazar wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:31 pm
klepto wrote:
White2tea is doing this on purpose, partially as a statement to the status quo of where bold claims (and often outright lies) about origin/cultivation/age reigns surpreme. The whole point is to focus on the experience of the tea rather than unverifiable claims. You could call it a blind tasting of sorts.

I'm also not the biggest fan of W2T's branding and overall style (and haven't bough tpuer from him for years), but I do think his philosophy has its merits.
Now that is interesting, because my eyes roll when I read about tea from 500-1000 year old trees and somehow its still so affordable :D. My great grandfather could have given my father an heirloom and then he gave it to me. I have it appraised and its not even cubic zirconia :oops: Some times we operate on false information and other time people sell products based on a legend they know isn't true. I just want a quality tea material which I hope isn't asking for too much.
OCTO

Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:49 am

OCTO wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:32 am
Having some 1998 Yunnan Ye Shen Lao Shu TuoCha.... Basically it's old tree material. This tea is a pretty decent for a daily drinker. First try upon receiving it is pretty mellow and tame to the pallets. Needed to let it rest for a few weeks in my storage to bring out it's true potential. First impression, it's clean, decent and it has potential. Definitely a nice daily drinker.

Revisiting this tea after airing it for a week. The tea is a lot stronger and more aromatic now. Airing it for a week has "awaken" the tea and gave it a much better aftertaste too. Will be commissioning the tea into deep storage for a longer period of time..... it has potential... hahahaha.....

IMG_7901.jpg
IMG_7901.jpg (195.02 KiB) Viewed 4771 times
IMG_7903.jpg
IMG_7903.jpg (355.92 KiB) Viewed 4771 times
StoneLadle

Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:24 am

I swear this guy is the Prince of Darkness embodied...
klepto

Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:16 pm

StoneLadle wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:24 am
I swear this guy is the Prince of Darkness embodied...
So true, after I saw some of @OCTO collection of teapots using Japanese clay I decided he is wicked and must be stopped.
Also I must take away some of his teaware... :mrgreen:
OCTO

Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:25 pm

mrmopu

Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:47 pm

We just need OCTO to start an online store....
klepto

Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:20 pm

mrmopu wrote:
:ugeek: Yes, that! @mrmopu That is a great idea. OCTO, #takemymoney and ship me pots via DHL :D
mrmopu

Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:11 am

klepto wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:20 pm
mrmopu wrote:
:ugeek: Yes, that! mrmopu That is a great idea. OCTO, #takemymoney and ship me pots via DHL :D
I would be down for it for sure as well.
klepto

Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:30 am

Xizihao, 2008 Diangu:
One of the few teas that has wow factor. The liquor was so thick I thought I was drinking juice. I'm not sensitive to qi in tea at all but it calmed me right down.
I got a lot of minerality in the back of my mouth. This one will completely fill your palate and it will give you some strength too. It has a bit of bitterness that pops up but
for the most part you get a very rich sweetness that's hard to describe.
debunix

Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:20 pm

2010 Ban Pen Sheng from Essence of Tea, sweet, herbaceous, light on the earthy, with a hint of bitter bite that did not become too sharp even with an ooops! too long middle infusion. This one is mellowing very nicely despite my lack of attention to the storage conditions. Mmmm.....