What Pu'er Are You Drinking

Puerh and other heicha
Rui

Thu May 30, 2019 1:46 am

oolongfan wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:11 pm
@Rui - I would love to hear more about the 1985 Nan Nuo shan sheng from La Maison des Trois Thés in Paris. :)

I have been spoiled lately - drinking lovely 1980s CNNP Yellow Mark sheng from Norbu. It is hands down one of the best aged sheng that I have had. Beautiful forest floor, peat, damp autum leaves, caramel, brown sugar, a baba rhum note like note. Beautiful storage. This teas has inspired me to try more well aged sheng.
Most probably it has been sold out already as there was not much left. It was not cheap but also was probably one of the best aged shengs I have tasted without any heavy humidity storage at least for the last few years. Your description of the 1980's Yellow Mark sounds very much what I tasted with the Nan Nuo Shan.

I cannot wait to go back to Paris to see what other goodies they have in the aged sheng category.
Rui

Thu May 30, 2019 1:47 am

Trying to finish all these odd samples I have around.

Today is the turn of 2016 Yunnan Sourcing Man Lin ancient arbor sheng.
tingjunkie

Thu May 30, 2019 4:11 am

Victoria wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:24 am
Global Tea Hut’s 2000 Blue Mark Replica really stood out. Wow, a very clean and crisp Taiwan stored sheng, with lots of energetic rich complex notes of spice and fruit. Members got a little Qi high on this one,
Thanks! Had my eye on this for a while, but your review made me finally pull the trigger. I guess this week all "donations" to GTH are doubled, so it was the right time to go for it.
Victoria
Admin

Thu May 30, 2019 4:27 pm

tingjunkie wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 4:11 am
Victoria wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:24 am
Global Tea Hut’s 2000 Blue Mark Replica really stood out. Wow, a very clean and crisp Taiwan stored sheng, with lots of energetic rich complex notes of spice and fruit. Members got a little Qi high on this one,
Thanks! Had my eye on this for a while, but your review made me finally pull the trigger. I guess this week all "donations" to GTH are doubled, so it was the right time to go for it.
Oh nice, let us know how you like it. Another member brought it to our last tasting at my place, and two of us thought of buying a cake. I also keep thinking of getting some roasted oolong from them. Have you ordered from there before?
oolongfan

Thu May 30, 2019 10:11 pm

@Rui - I am asusming that La Maison des Trois Thés doesn't have an online shop...it would be dangerous (for my budget) if they did ;) When you get back to Paris and La Maison des Trois Thés , I would love to hear your experiences and what was in stock. I am a tad bit jealous that you are going back to Paris though ...I have not been since I was in my teens. Seriously have a great time, hope you find some wonderful teas.
Rui

Fri May 31, 2019 1:48 am

oolongfan wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:11 pm
@Rui - I am asusming that La Maison des Trois Thés doesn't have an online shop...it would be dangerous (for my budget) if they did ;) When you get back to Paris and La Maison des Trois Thés , I would love to hear your experiences and what was in stock. I am a tad bit jealous that you are going back to Paris though ...I have not been since I was in my teens. Seriously have a great time, hope you find some wonderful teas.
Unfortunately they have no online shop as you would not be the only one who would be in financial trouble if they did. I believe they do have a website from where one can email them and ask if they have any teas to your requirements and I was promised they will reply to you. For example you could ask them for shengs from Yiwu 30 years and older.

At the moment my wife and I are in the process of moving to Frankfurt as we are being transferred from London so probably we will only be going back to Paris next year or so but I'll keep you posted.
Rui

Fri May 31, 2019 1:48 am

2016 Yunnan Sourcing Qing Mei shan old arbor sheng.
oolongfan

Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:49 pm

@Rui - Thanks for the suggestion...I will e-mail them (I speak French and I imagine their English is pretty handy too).

I hope you and your wife has a smooth transition....and find some good tea shops near you (aside from Paris). Please do keep me posted - if you don't mind - whenever you get bakc to Paris :)
Rui

Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:55 am

oolongfan wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:49 pm
@Rui - Thanks for the suggestion...I will e-mail them (I speak French and I imagine their English is pretty handy too).

I hope you and your wife has a smooth transition....and find some good tea shops near you (aside from Paris). Please do keep me posted - if you don't mind - whenever you get bakc to Paris :)
Thank you.

Some of the people from La Masion des Trois Thes do speak English as they come from Taiwan.
Rui

Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:56 am

2016 Yunnan Sourcing Wa Long Village Yi Wu old arbor sheng.
tingjunkie

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:14 am

Victoria wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 4:27 pm
Oh nice, let us know how you like it. Another member brought it to our last tasting at my place, and two of us thought of buying a cake. I also keep thinking of getting some roasted oolong from them. Have you ordered from there before?
First time ordering from them. I tend to never blind buy, especially a whole cake, but it was time to test them out.
Victoria
Admin

Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:50 pm

@tingjunkie not sure where you are, but if you aren’t satisfied I’ll buy half :) .

Last night enjoyed 2014 White 2t Basics, HuangPian sheng. Left a nice viscous thick coat on mouth. Dry leaf had some apricot fruit aroma. Orange liquor, with a very pleasant bitterness. I ended up filtering out a lot of broken up bits. It steeped for at least 9 rounds; 6gr/80ml/off boil/20sec., filtered tap, in gaiwan.
oolongfan

Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:54 pm

@Victoria - I got the impression that the Blue Mark from Global Tea Hut was shu...based on the color of the cake and the brew in the photos only - I have not yet had this tea. Also the lack of reference to sheng made me think it was shu. Now reading your notes, I am wondering if I am wrong....
Victoria
Admin

Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:39 pm

oolongfan wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:54 pm
@Victoria - I got the impression that the Blue Mark from Global Tea Hut was shu...based on the color of the cake and the brew in the photos only - I have not yet had this tea. Also the lack of reference to sheng made me think it was shu. Now reading your notes, I am wondering if I am wrong....
Blue Mark is Sheng. I think all the puerh on the site are Sheng. The steep looks over-brewed. Ours had a good clarity. Since I’m not a pu’erh expert, I asked my trusted source Yang-chu, who has a blog PuerhJunky and a huge stash of pu’erh too, some of which he puts up for sale. A friend of his gave him some, he liked it so he shared it with us at my house.
oolongfan

Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:42 pm

@Victoria - Thanks for the clarification :) I didn't mean to come across as doubting. Rather I was confused about the photo of the dark brew on Global Tea Hut's site..and wondered if that was the same Blue Mark that you mentioned.

I love PuerhJunky's website.....I will have to try some of his sheng. I remember hearin about the Blue Mark on his blog :)

Has anyone tried the 1990s Big Green Mark sheng?

edited: Well of course no one has heard of 'Bog' Green Mark ;)
Last edited by oolongfan on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.