ShuShu

Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:49 pm

2008 Ming Jing ChenYuanHao
Lighter than I remembered....
7D70473B-10FE-44FD-841F-1378CA0B09D5.jpeg
7D70473B-10FE-44FD-841F-1378CA0B09D5.jpeg (184.84 KiB) Viewed 10082 times
Teachronicles

Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:08 pm

I'm having fuhai 2005 7576 ripe tonight courtesy of yunnan sourcing. If shou was meant to imitate aged sheng I think this one does pretty damn well. Lightly fermented and aged in guangdong for 12 years, pretty tight compression. I really like this one.

Here's a picture of my cluttered tea station tonight

Puer

Here's an extra picture of the sweet sweet liquor

Liquor
Last edited by pedant on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod edit: changed imgur URLs from galleries (that had only one image each) to images for better viewing
debunix

Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:58 am

Not drinking right now, but starting night before last, and much of the day yesterday, 2010 Ban Pen Sheng from Essence of Tea. I was at a satellite office where there are fewer tea drinkers, so it's easier to share a fine tea on a smaller scale, with one person at once. I started this tea while working by myself in the evening, had 2-3 infusions, and suddenly realized it was time to go but the leaves had a lot of life left. So I left them overnight, and the next morning, shared day 2 infusions with two different people. One said it was her favorite of what I've shared with her so far (not sure of all the details but likely at least a gyokuro, shu pu, deep roast oolong, a light roast taiwanese mountain oolong). A mid afternoon, when it was really getting long in the leaf, someone else dropped by who had really been impressed by a freshly opened light roast TGY a couple of months back. I brewed a long infusion and then added a little fresh leaf to the pot, brewed a little more, combined the two infusions, and he was suitably impressed by his first experience of 'aged' tea.

Ban Pen Sheng, making tea friends and influencing people!

I look forward to another session here at home over the weekend.
Stephen

Thu May 03, 2018 2:08 pm

2002 Nan Jian Te Zhi shou tuo. Smooth and very relaxing. Almost put me to sleep! Price nearly doubled since I bought 1.5 years ago from YS.

1999 Jingmai sheng. Lovely well aged sample from Theasophie tea.
tealifehk
Vendor

Thu May 03, 2018 10:35 pm

Tried this out two nights ago: 2010 remake of the now famous 2009 Dayi 99 Fang Cha. The 2010 is very similar, but I think the storage was a little dryer. I would buy a bunch to age for another year or two but I need to sell more aged shu from my own storage before I take anymore on! :) The 2009 is incredible. The leaves brew up for over ten infusions and I get both vanilla and an incredible sweetness from it that coats my lips and mouth. The 2010 is made with similar base material, but I think the differences in storage are why the two individual cakes differ so much.

Teachronicles

Thu May 03, 2018 11:14 pm

Has anyone tried hai lang haos premium ripes? Particularly any of the ones sold on yunnan sourcing, the laomane, jun ai, or yi shan mo. What did you think of them?
mrmopu

Fri May 04, 2018 6:09 am

Teachronicles wrote:
Has anyone tried hai lang haos premium ripes? Particularly any of the ones sold on yunnan sourcing, the laomane, jun ai, or yi shan mo. What did you think of them?
Those 2 Bulang ripe bricks are nice. The as you like ripe and the others are decent productions as well.
d.manuk

Fri May 04, 2018 9:25 am

Teachronicles wrote:
I have samples of all of them and I bought the LBZ ripe cake. imo the LBZ needs more time to rest, it was too strong when I tried it 6 months ago.
Chadrinkincat

Fri May 04, 2018 10:51 am

Shine Magical wrote:
Teachronicles wrote:
I have samples of all of them and I bought the LBZ ripe cake. imo the LBZ needs more time to rest, it was too strong when I tried it 6 months ago.

How is the ripe lbz compared to their raw cake?
d.manuk

Fri May 04, 2018 10:56 am

Chadrinkincat wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:51 am
Shine Magical wrote:
Teachronicles wrote:

How is the ripe lbz compared to their raw cake?
They're very different. The raw is pretty aromatic, the ripe has a pretty strong taste. I'll need to taste the ripe in a few months, since it's been half a year since I last had it.
Cwyn

Mon May 07, 2018 4:25 am

I have tried the 2013 HLH Bulang shou brick, a memorable "gut bomb" in the good sense, I believe it was in 2015 so only pressed a couple of years. Powerful strong tea, and the wo dui very intense at that time, both together somewhat challenging to drink. I felt like the size of the 500g brick and the power of the tea together would need a very, very long time to mellow, as in great great grandchildren long time, unless the brick gets broken up.

Back then this brick was around $150+ give or take. I thought it a very good value considering the power of that tea, a little goes a long way and this is a lower end brick for HLH. I'm sure the higher price tea are even more powerful good stuff.
Teachronicles

Sat May 12, 2018 2:52 pm

2002 cnnp bulang from liquid proust. 15s rinse, some humid storage notes in 1st steep, expected as it was hong kong stored. Gone by the 2nd steep. All woody goodness from there on out. Still lots of astringency for ~16 year old tea, in the 4th steep out. Nice calming qi. Another great one from liquidproust.
the_skua

Sun May 13, 2018 9:45 am

Teachronicles wrote:
2002 cnnp bulang from liquid proust. 15s rinse, some humid storage notes in 1st steep, expected as it was hong kong stored. Gone by the 2nd steep. All woody goodness from there on out. Still lots of astringency for ~16 year old tea, in the 4th steep out. Nice calming qi. Another great one from liquidproust.
I feel like I've had mixed luck with my first LP order. This weekend I had the 2005 Yang Qing Hao Yiwu Chawang and the 2008 Chen Yuan Hao Yuan Man and both seem really empty and hollowed quickly, possibly not well stored. The CYH had a nice qi and the YQH was pleasantly woody, but they really didn't seem worth the big bucks to me. Maybe I'm finding that I'm not enjoying Taiwanese productions, compared to the YS/EoT productions I've historically drank in volume. They're a little too soft and seemingly focus on qi more than other aspects.
Teachronicles

Sun May 13, 2018 11:19 am

the_skua wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 9:45 am
Teachronicles wrote:
I feel like I've had mixed luck with my first LP order. This weekend I had the 2005 Yang Qing Hao Yiwu Chawang and the 2008 Chen Yuan Hao Yuan Man and both seem really empty and hollowed quickly, possibly not well stored. The CYH had a nice qi and the YQH was pleasantly woody, but they really didn't seem worth the big bucks to me. Maybe I'm finding that I'm not enjoying Taiwanese productions, compared to the YS/EoT productions I've historically drank in volume. They're a little too soft and seemingly focus on qi more than other aspects.
I've found the same of the yqh productions I've tried, thought I quite like them, despite being soft. There definitely not as robust as an older factory cake. I'm working may through more recent CYH productions (2015 on) and there really good drinking, young; not very astringent or bitter and I would imagine would be similarly mellow to there older productions after some years of aging. I would try some of his older factory stuff, the 02 8582 I really enjoyed, flavor wise but I thought it was lacking in qi.
tealifehk
Vendor

Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:40 am

Trying out some 2016 Yiwu Qiaomu from Yiwu Mountain Tea. Nice, clean, pleasant tea. Good smaller leaf material with surprising depth of flavor considering it's spent two years in Guangdong dry storage. Classic Yiwu profile. Really calming energy, which was a huge surprise. I'm not used to Yiwu teas having this effect on me. This is a good tea! Curious about trying less-aged Qiaomu stuff from them now!