What Pu'er Are You Drinking

Puerh and other heicha
thommes
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:11 pm
Location: Central Ohio

Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:00 am

trying the shou fits again. grandpa style this time
User avatar
eatevoltap
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:00 pm
Location: Canada

Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:47 pm

having 07 Biyunhao Gaoshanzhai, good body, thick and lovely Yiwu sweetness. perfect tea for me today :)
Leafhopper
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:33 pm

Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:31 pm

Had some 2017 Nanou Mini Mushroom from Crimson Lotus Tea. It's my second last serving. Great tea for the value. One of my favourite daily drinking evening teas for the last couple of years.
Auxilium
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:36 pm
Location: USA

Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:33 pm

Crimson Lotus' simple sheng! It's great! Nothing fancy or super amazing but enjoyable nonetheless, with an invigorating chaqi!
thommes
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:11 pm
Location: Central Ohio

Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:50 am

Auxilium wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:33 pm
Crimson Lotus' simple sheng! It's great! Nothing fancy or super amazing but enjoyable nonetheless, with an invigorating chaqi!
I think I have both the sheng and the shou. I was going through some tea a couple weeks ago. Might have to open it up soon. Right now just drinking whatever I already have broken up or loose leaf due to fractured arm. :(
thommes
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:11 pm
Location: Central Ohio

Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:51 am

I had it recently but it was the first time and it was good and it's loose leaf so gonna do a repeat of Rama Lama Boulang,
Auxilium
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:36 pm
Location: USA

Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:32 am

thommes wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:50 am
Auxilium wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:33 pm
Crimson Lotus' simple sheng! It's great! Nothing fancy or super amazing but enjoyable nonetheless, with an invigorating chaqi!
I think I have both the sheng and the shou. I was going through some tea a couple weeks ago. Might have to open it up soon. Right now just drinking whatever I already have broken up or loose leaf due to fractured arm. :(
It's a great tea! Oh no, I hope you heal up soon! Best wishes!
thommes
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:11 pm
Location: Central Ohio

Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:25 pm

Leafhopper wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:31 pm
Had some 2017 Nanou Mini Mushroom from Crimson Lotus Tea. It's my second last serving. Great tea for the value. One of my favourite daily drinking evening teas for the last couple of years.
love those! the last order I got though was all dust. not one, not two, but at least four... I ended up tossing the rest because it was just so annoying getting crap in the cup and then in the teeth.
User avatar
OCTO
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:25 pm
Location: Penang, Malaysia

Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:00 pm

thommes wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:25 pm
Leafhopper wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:31 pm
Had some 2017 Nanou Mini Mushroom from Crimson Lotus Tea. It's my second last serving. Great tea for the value. One of my favourite daily drinking evening teas for the last couple of years.
love those! the last order I got though was all dust. not one, not two, but at least four... I ended up tossing the rest because it was just so annoying getting crap in the cup and then in the teeth.
@thommes

Don't throw away the crushed leaves or tea dusts..... Here are some options for you to consider.

1. Put them in a small teabag and you can have a decent infusion grandpa style.

2. Keep all in a common jar for crushed tea leaves and tea dusts. I would use them to absorb unpleasant smell in my tea cabinet or even some teapots that needs some serious seasoning (some old clay has got a strong smell to it), I would just fill them up with tea dust or crushed leaves and store them away.

Cheers!
thommes
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:11 pm
Location: Central Ohio

Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:24 pm

OCTO wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:00 pm
thommes wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:25 pm
Leafhopper wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:31 pm
Had some 2017 Nanou Mini Mushroom from Crimson Lotus Tea. It's my second last serving. Great tea for the value. One of my favourite daily drinking evening teas for the last couple of years.
love those! the last order I got though was all dust. not one, not two, but at least four... I ended up tossing the rest because it was just so annoying getting crap in the cup and then in the teeth.
thommes

Don't throw away the crushed leaves or tea dusts..... Here are some options for you to consider.

1. Put them in a small teabag and you can have a decent infusion grandpa style.

2. Keep all in a common jar for crushed tea leaves and tea dusts. I would use them to absorb unpleasant smell in my tea cabinet or even some teapots that needs some serious seasoning (some old clay has got a strong smell to it), I would just fill them up with tea dust or crushed leaves and store them away.

Cheers!
That's a good idea! I also compost all the used tea leaves. I think I was just stressed at the tuo dissolving into dust and then getting in my teeth. I kept that batch around and kept forgetting what happened the previous infusion. Pretty sure the dust would have gone through any strainer/bag I have. So I just tossed the rest.
User avatar
Rickpatbrown
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:10 pm
Location: State College, PA

Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:42 pm

2003 Hong Kong Henry “Conscientious Prescription” 7542 from TWL

Just what I needed. Nice dark notes, herbaceous wood, incense. Smooth and easy drinking with a calming energy.

I mislabeled the jar last month and drank about 3 sessions of this pretty heavy handedly, thinking it was the 2008 Dayi 8582. I was really excited that such an inexpensive tea was so good ... then I realized my mistake, lol. Fortunately the 2003 Hong Kong Henry isnt too expensive. I might order another cake or two of this guy.
20200719_183016.jpg
20200719_183016.jpg (184.03 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
20200719_183040.jpg
20200719_183040.jpg (198.39 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
User avatar
klepto
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:24 pm
Location: Floridaman, USA
Contact:

Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:37 pm

Tea Encounter: ZSL 2019 Wa Long
Very compressed cake, I was struggling to open it up.
cake.jpg
cake.jpg (196.1 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
thommes
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:11 pm
Location: Central Ohio

Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:08 am

having some 2006 old bear from white2tea this morning.
User avatar
klepto
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:24 pm
Location: Floridaman, USA
Contact:

Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:32 pm

2019 Tea Encounter Gua Feng Zhai:

I read about this one from a few tea blogs.

The tart granny smith apple aroma was beckoning me from the gaiwan. The granny smith tart flavor with some vegetable notes and some spices was very enjoyable and interesting. I noticed that I had a tingly sensation and I literally shook for a second. The cooling sensations were nice to have in this Florida heat :D
User avatar
pantry
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:34 am
Location: California

Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:09 pm

Had Gaoshan gushu 2018 and 2019 on consecutive days. The sweetness was more pronounced in the older cake.
I then switched gear to Qing Teng for a late afternoon treat. It was decent, but failed to remind me of why I purchased a cake of it...
Post Reply