What Pu'er Are You Drinking

Puerh and other heicha
Chadrinkincat

Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:34 pm

05 FT T8653. It's got the typical XG smokey pine barnyard profile I like. Dies off pretty quickly so I'm not sure this one has long term potential. Decent for drinking now but it's a wee bit overpriced at $80 so prob not anything I'd buy in quantity. Mxtea sells the 06 non iron version for a lot less so that's next on my list of semi aged XG to try but my expectations are low for that one too.
Rui

Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:06 am

It is 6am and I have been sipping 2017 spring LBZ from ChaDao in Frankfurt since 5am! :D
tealifehk
Vendor

Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:54 am

Chadrinkincat wrote:
05 FT T8653. It's got the typical XG smokey pine barnyard profile I like. Dies off pretty quickly so I'm not sure this one has long term potential. Decent for drinking now but it's a wee bit overpriced at $80 so prob not anything I'd buy in quantity. Mxtea sells the 06 non iron version for a lot less so that's next on my list of semi aged XG to try but my expectations are low for that one too.
If it dies off quickly I suspect you purchased a fake!
century

Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:05 pm

2006 little gold melon ripe puer from White2Tea.
Broke a 20g tuo in half and had at it.
Creamy and earthy, a bit barnyardy in a good way.
Not overly complex but easy drinking.
$19.50 for a sleeve of 10 seems like a good deal to me!
Kupuntu

Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:55 pm

2009 Yiwu from White2Tea. Quite young for its age but that's why I love it. It's quite sweet but you can taste that it does have some younger raw notes in there.
heichaholiday

Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:13 pm

Just finished my first session of the Chen Yuan Hao shou I got from Liquid Proust. The leaf is gorgeous. Taste is literally almost indescribable - a vegetal, floral, medicinal flavor is prominent and the tea is super clean. Even the rinse was super drinkable. I honestly don't recall mouthfeel but qi was great. I got very hungry every few cups even with snacks which really only happens with old arbor material as this is. I recommend this without hesitation but this is not a daily drinker by any means.
Attachments
Chen Yuan Hao Leaf 1
Chen Yuan Hao Leaf 1
IMG_2783.jpg (191.45 KiB) Viewed 9462 times
Chen Yuan Hao Leaf 2
Chen Yuan Hao Leaf 2
IMG_2787.jpg (173.85 KiB) Viewed 9462 times
Chen Yuan Hao & Teapot
Chen Yuan Hao & Teapot
IMG_2794.jpg (116.94 KiB) Viewed 9462 times
century

Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:17 pm

2015 Smooch by White2Tea.
Smooth, refreshing. After the 4 infusion it got very astringent and bitter. Couldn’t drink it afterwards.
Not a fan of this one.
tealifehk
Vendor

Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:25 am

Crimson Lotus Planet Bangdong. So darn good! Both the Kunlu and Bangdong have indescribable flavors I have never found in anything else and are pleasant to drink and clean. I'm going to buy their sheng sampler as their young sheng is :o
century

Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:08 pm

Mei Leaf After Party Enchanter.
Complex, dark, earthy, sweet, long finish.
Great mouth feel.
Pretty expensive but still a good tea.
heichaholiday

Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:10 pm

Just received an order from white2tea a few hours ago so I decided to break into my sample of Sunday Special. Incredibly smooth. Some pile taste but I don't usually mind that at all and this is no exception. This is what I expected my sample of Menghai Golden Needle White Lotus to taste like which it, unfortunately, did not. I am definitely getting a bing of this at some point.

I also drank the December teaclub huangpian from white2tea earlier today for the first time now that it's had almost a month to rest and it was pretty tasty - not super strong flavor wise but nice and worth the money.
century

Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:39 pm

heichaholiday wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:10 pm
Just received an order from white2tea a few hours ago so I decided to break into my sample of Sunday Special. Incredibly smooth. Some pile taste but I don't usually mind that at all and this is no exception. This is what I expected my sample of Menghai Golden Needle White Lotus to taste like which it, unfortunately, did not. I am definitely getting a bing of this at some point.

I also drank the December teaclub huangpian from white2tea earlier today for the first time now that it's had almost a month to rest and it was pretty tasty - not super strong flavor wise but nice and worth the money.
Agreed.
I think Sunday Special is a great value.
Chadrinkincat

Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:13 pm

tealifehk wrote:
Chadrinkincat wrote:
I didn't buy it directly from XG so I can't be 100% sure it's real but I think unlikely to be fake. It looks and taste exactly like other legit XG I've had and it's clearly aged. It's a decent semi aged daily drinker as is but I'm sure it'll improve some once it settles from its recent travel.
tealifehk
Vendor

Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:37 pm

Chadrinkincat wrote:
tealifehk wrote:
Chadrinkincat wrote:
I didn't buy it directly from XG so I can't be 100% sure it's real but I think unlikely to be fake. It looks and taste exactly like other legit XG I've had and it's clearly aged. It's a decent semi aged daily drinker as is but I'm sure it'll improve some once it settles from its recent travel.
If it dies off faster than other T8653 you've tried, it's a pretty good sign it's a fake. They're pretty good at replicating big factory recipes!
Chadrinkincat

Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:29 am

tealifehk wrote:
Chadrinkincat wrote:
tealifehk wrote:

If it dies off faster than other T8653 you've tried, it's a pretty good sign it's a fake. They're pretty good at replicating big factory recipes!
I wouldn't really say it dies off faster than any other XG I've had. Other ones I've had were Kunming/younger.
So it's prob just that it's mellowed enough after 12yrs of slightly humid storage to not require flash steeping to avoid unpleasantness. Which means I can steep longer but get less brews than a younger/dryer cake. If I steeped this way with most of the other dry or young cakes I've had they would be pretty nasty and undrinkable but flavor and body wouldn't be better than this T8653.
tealifehk
Vendor

Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:31 am

Chadrinkincat wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:29 am
tealifehk wrote:
Chadrinkincat wrote:

I wouldn't really say it dies off faster than any other XG I've had. Other ones I've had were Kunming/younger.
So it's prob just that it's mellowed enough after 12yrs of slightly humid storage to not require flash steeping to avoid unpleasantness. Which means I can steep longer but get less brews than a younger/dryer cake. If I steeped this way with most of the other dry or young cakes I've had they would be pretty nasty and undrinkable but flavor and body wouldn't be better than this T8653.
Gotcha, that is definitely true too. I'm just super fake wary after the stuff I've seen over the last few weeks!