What Pu'er Are You Drinking

Puerh and other heicha
Post Reply
User avatar
Victoria
Admin
Posts: 784
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:33 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Contact:

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Share what pu'er you are drinking and feel free to illustrate your offering.
User avatar
CWarren
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:36 pm

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Finished up some 2002 CNNP 7542 from last night along with some leftover Ruby Red from Hauying Chen.
A36C5755-2D44-4201-B4D9-932F81D4ACC9.jpeg
A36C5755-2D44-4201-B4D9-932F81D4ACC9.jpeg (68.54 KiB) Viewed 2452 times
User avatar
pedant
Admin
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:35 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:37 pm

finally getting around to trying 2017 w2t samples. i'm having the anniversary tea. it's pretty good
gatmcm
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:06 am
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:43 pm

Drinking some 2006 De He Xing I recently got from adventureineverycup, I feel only now it has settled from the air travel and re-humidified nicely.
Nice aged taste with some strong bitterness, just how I like it :D

haddemall
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:40 am

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:49 am

Nice session with the 2000 Menghai Red Ribbon Tuo.
User avatar
tealifehk
Vendor
Posts: 427
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:58 am
Contact:

Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:04 am

2006 Changtai cake made to commemorate the 65th anniversary of a HK tea company. Aged in Hong Kong by a different old school dealer who is friends with the company (Tong An) that the cake was pressed for.



WOW. The Simao material used for this cake has aged wonderfully. Some light bitterness remains, but the tea has mellowed without losing all of the origin character the leaf had to begin with. Of course some of the character has been lost to the years, but enough remains to make this tea readily discernable from any other HK/Guangdong stored sheng I've tried from the 2000s. Good enough that I may have to pick more up to put away for a few more years. It is really good right now as is, however, and would just mellow further with a couple more years. I really like the point its at now since it's so unique and has aged so differently. Sometimes it's hard to tell where a tea will end up with age, but the base material had the durability to age into something quite special.
User avatar
lac63
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:52 pm

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:32 am

Hi teaforum!

I'm glad to be in touch
with all the lovers of the passion that we
unites in the day to day.

Right now I have tuned the palate of Lao Tong Zhi Mini Tuo Cha of 2007 (shu)
2007 Lao tong zhi mini tuo cha of pressed in tablets of 6gr. Made from leaves of the variety "daye" processed to maocha, fermented and pressed later. Recipe commemorating the inauguration of the factory in the year 1999.

One of the two former managers of the Menghai factory is the founder of Haiwan. During the 1970s these two people were pioneers in developing the method for fermented puerh. That is to say that the process of fermentation of the puerh is very similar to the process that is realized in the factory of Menghai.

Mixed leaf puerh following the factory's recipe and stored since 2007 in Xi Shuang Ban Na dry. From 2017 its aging will be in Barcelona. Infusion of dark brown, opaque and dense red. In the mouth it has a body, slightly drying with notes of wood, earth, leather, ... without notes to humidity.


A pleasure

Good sessions of tea

Lluis Abad
User avatar
lac63
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:52 pm

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:37 am

CWarren wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 pm
Finished up some 2002 CNNP 7542 from last night along with some leftover Ruby Red from Hauying Chen.

A36C5755-2D44-4201-B4D9-932F81D4ACC9.jpeg
Hi CWarren,

I like your set for ceremony,
I see your photo and at the same time
I think they tune in both.



regards ;)

Good sessions of tea

Lluis Abad
User avatar
CWarren
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:36 pm

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:24 pm

lac63 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:37 am
CWarren wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 pm
Finished up some 2002 CNNP 7542 from last night along with some leftover Ruby Red from Hauying Chen.

A36C5755-2D44-4201-B4D9-932F81D4ACC9.jpeg
Hi CWarren,

I like your set for ceremony,
I see your photo and at the same time
I think they tune in both.



regards ;)

Good sessions of tea

Lluis Abad
Thank you Lluis. I like the history lesson you included with your session above.
gatmcm
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:06 am
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:37 pm

Today I drank a 2006 Fuhai 7536, got it as a free sample from my latest order, last time I tried it the water wasn't the best so this was like the first real tasting.

Tight compression. The heated dry leaf smelled like roasted apples and clove, really nice and autumnal.

The first infusions after it opened up were very bitter as I would expect from a tightly compressed factory tea, reminded me of those sour green apple gummies but there was clearly sweetness behind it, as the infusions went on was like turning an equalizer, gradually as the bitter knob was lowered the sweetness one was turned up, very dynamic experience, would like to try this tea a few years down the road, too bad I only have one more session left :?



Last edited by gatmcm on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
CWarren
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:36 pm

Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:51 pm

2017 Yunnan Sourcing “Rooster King”, a blend of ripe puerh teas from 6 different regions in Yunnan (Yong De, Mengku, Menghai, Jingmai, Bu Lang and Jing Gu), with vintages ranging from 2014 to 2016. A really enjoyable session with notes of charred wood, earth, dark roast espresso and black cherry.
E67B56A8-04E2-41B4-8BED-17D290423FA4.gif
E67B56A8-04E2-41B4-8BED-17D290423FA4.gif (250.41 KiB) Viewed 2316 times
3978BF35-2FE2-489F-9A8A-54F9FA8590DB.gif
3978BF35-2FE2-489F-9A8A-54F9FA8590DB.gif (262.26 KiB) Viewed 2316 times
User avatar
Stephen
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 pm

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:51 pm

1999 Menghai region loose shou puer. Perfect on a cool autumn morning. Smooth with a nice aged aroma. Lacking in stamina however.
Attachments
20171010_090546[1].jpg
20171010_090546[1].jpg (389.73 KiB) Viewed 2313 times
User avatar
steanze
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:17 pm

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:54 pm

YQH Qizhong

Image
User avatar
tealifehk
Vendor
Posts: 427
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:58 am
Contact:

Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:21 pm

Drinking aged cha tou from a dealer in Kunming! Cha tou are compressed nuggets of shou pu that form at the bottom of the pile during fermentation. I really love cha tou because they have great longevity and often develop very interesting warm and sweet flavors with age. These cha tou have developed a freshly baked bread aroma in the last year of storage here in Hong Kong, as well as an unexpected natural almond character that I really like! The tea is perhaps less sweet smelling than it was when first purchased, but there is still a lot of sweetness there, along with the baked bread and almonds!

I started this tea last night, drank several infusions today, and I think the leaves have enough oomph to get me through tomorrow as well!
User avatar
lac63
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:52 pm

Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:26 pm

lac63 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:32 am
Hi teaforum!

I'm glad to be in touch
with all the lovers of the passion that we
unites in the day to day.

Right now I have tuned the palate of Lao Tong Zhi Mini Tuo Cha of 2007 (shu)
2007 Lao tong zhi mini tuo cha of pressed in tablets of 6gr. Made from leaves of the variety "daye" processed to maocha, fermented and pressed later. Recipe commemorating the inauguration of the factory in the year 1999.

One of the two former managers of the Menghai factory is the founder of Haiwan. During the 1970s these two people were pioneers in developing the method for fermented puerh. That is to say that the process of fermentation of the puerh is very similar to the process that is realized in the factory of Menghai.

Mixed leaf puerh following the factory's recipe and stored since 2007 in Xi Shuang Ban Na dry. From 2017 its aging will be in Barcelona. Infusion of dark brown, opaque and dense red. In the mouth it has a body, slightly drying with notes of wood, earth, leather, ... without notes to humidity.


A pleasure

Good sessions of tea

Goodnight,
I need your opinion
It turns out that the puher I am
Drinking is too much 6 grs.
to 45ml. yixing teapot
I think the good dose would be 3 grams.
but I do not know how to do it: section,
cut in half...
it is very hard and compact.
Can you help me?


Thank you

Good sensations ;)

Lluis Abad

Lluis Abad
Post Reply