Favorite YQH tea (in relation to price)

Puerh and other heicha
Tetsubin

Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:43 pm

Hi,

I thought it would be fun to hear which YQH tea is your favorite in relation to price (and why)?

I have only tried a few but i like the Qizhong a lot in relation to cost. Mainly because of its qi and darker notes.
Noonie

Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:50 pm

Tetsubin wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:43 pm
Hi,

I thought it would be fun to hear which YQH tea is your favorite in relation to price (and why)?

I have only tried a few but i like the Qizhong a lot in relation to cost. Mainly because of its qi and darker notes.
I just discovered YQH and asked for prices on a couple of cakes. Waiting to hear back.

I can't believe how much is out there with respect to Pu'er; I never knew much about it until recently (turned off years ago after having a bad sample from a bad, local vendor). Because you have not just current year's tea, like with most other teas (in particular green), but year after year of tea to explore, there is not enough time to taste all I want. My other teas are getting neglected!
pedant
Admin

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:01 am

qizhong is good
i also like 07 huangshan lingya
Tetsubin

Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:58 am

Noonie wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:50 pm
I just discovered YQH and asked for prices on a couple of cakes. Waiting to hear back.

I can't believe how much is out there with respect to Pu'er; I never knew much about it until recently (turned off years ago after having a bad sample from a bad, local vendor). Because you have not just current year's tea, like with most other teas (in particular green), but year after year of tea to explore, there is not enough time to taste all I want. My other teas are getting neglected!
Yeah when I started with raw puerh those teas just took over my main consumption of tea :).

Which of the YQH teas are you most interested in?
Last edited by Tetsubin on Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tetsubin

Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:05 am

pedant wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:01 am
qizhong is good
i also like 07 huangshan lingya
I like the Lingya aswell, I would have bought more of it (I only have the one cake) but it sold out just before this months group order was announced.
Pete

Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:00 pm

A great bargain tea is the 07 Jincha. Its pretty compressed which can be challenging but wonderful tea at $95 for a 300g tuo. Another would be 2006 Qixiang at $305 for a 500g cake. It's a Six Famous Tea Mountain blend so sessions can vary a bit but it has wonderful qi and ranges from good to great for me. On the higher end of pricing the 2006 Chawangshu and 2004 Teji are both favorites. Of course, taste is personal. Qizhong is not a favorite, but I found Lingya a wonderful well balanced tea. It was a bargain while it lasted. Peace.
andresito

Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:11 pm

Qixiang is my personal favorite YQH and my go-to puerh. I think its priced relative to its quality. I like it because no two sessions are exactly the same, maybe it wasn't blended well. I don't know. Not sure why that's appealing to me, maybe I like the gamble. When its good, its really good. When its not as good, its still good. In fact, whenever I buy a new tea at a similar price, I think "would I rather have another Qixiang, or this new tea?".

My second favorite is 2005 Yuanshi senlin huangshan cha aka the " '05 long name". Specifically for its aftertaste and body-feels/chaqi, which is very gentle but calming and relaxing. Its worth the old price IMO. but I'd have to think hard if I would buy any more now that it costs >$500/500g cake. But I'm biased since I got it at the old price. However, when some 2019 teas are going for similar prices, or even higher...I'd buy another 05 long name first.