My Puerh Order (all samples)

Puerh and other heicha
DailyTX

Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:50 pm

Guy Juan wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:09 pm
Bok wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:06 pm
Looks like you are in the lucky position to like what most others do want to avoid in a Puerh. If you like those kind of flavours, I would go to the bottom of the list and buy cheap or freshly harvested Puerh. The better the Puerh, the less you will find the things you seem to prefer.

So, lucky in the sense that you can get what you like on a small budget.
We shall see. If aging puerhs dulls down and smooths out the flavors...I may just like the rough complexity and pungent flavors that come from the young raw puerh. Time and testing will tell... but I tend to like the stinky cheeses. Unfortunately for cheese it’s the other way around (more expensive for the strong stinky stuff).
@Guy Juan
Not all young raw Pu Erh has those astringent flavors, the good young raw Pu erh has a floral taste that feels like green tea, floral, smooth, and complex (production region in Yunnan plays into a difference). From what I read, aging Pu Erh does mellow out the tea; however, poor quality Pu Erh doesn't improve the quality with age. A quality Pu Erh often can brew much longer than a poor quality Pu Erh, raw and ripe.
Guy Juan

Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:07 pm

DailyTX wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:50 pm
Guy Juan wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:09 pm
Bok wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:06 pm
Looks like you are in the lucky position to like what most others do want to avoid in a Puerh. If you like those kind of flavours, I would go to the bottom of the list and buy cheap or freshly harvested Puerh. The better the Puerh, the less you will find the things you seem to prefer.

So, lucky in the sense that you can get what you like on a small budget.
We shall see. If aging puerhs dulls down and smooths out the flavors...I may just like the rough complexity and pungent flavors that come from the young raw puerh. Time and testing will tell... but I tend to like the stinky cheeses. Unfortunately for cheese it’s the other way around (more expensive for the strong stinky stuff).
Guy Juan
Not all young raw Pu Erh has those astringent flavors, the good young raw Pu erh has a floral taste that feels like green tea, floral, smooth, and complex (production region in Yunnan plays into a difference). From what I read, aging Pu Erh does mellow out the tea; however, poor quality Pu Erh doesn't improve the quality with age. A quality Pu Erh often can brew much longer than a poor quality Pu Erh, raw and ripe.
I’m sure they all don’t. But I will be seeking out the ones that do. There can still be a place for a more mellow puerh, I’ll drink them all :D

No plans to buy cakes of poor quality puerh...so no worries there.

There might be a few in my samples but I plan to only buy cakes of what I really like (regardless of what level quality it is regarded by someone else, I will be the judge of that). Unfortunately, there was no sample for the Blue Mark, but I can still happily drink it. It’s not bad, just a little boring.