Puerh and other heicha
LeoFox

Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:18 pm

So I tried yee on tea again :lol:

Previous post about the shou:
viewtopic.php?p=45075#p45075
Mobok

Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:20 am

Drinking some 2001 Awazon Fine Aged Ripe Pu-erh Tea. So far i like this one, it's smooth, refreshing and has a pleasant aftertaste which i don't know how to describe. Doesn't have a too overpowering smokey/woody taste.
I know i'm the beginning of my tea journey, but every time i try a new shou my first thought is always "They all taste the same". At the same time i can feel some difference in taste, though i lack the vocabulary to describe that. :lol:
polezaivsani

Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:02 pm

@Mobok, that's close to be one of the reasons that I like liu bao for. There's a basic taste profile, that of a betel nut (the analogy is an inverse for me really) and yet most specimens exhibit enough distinctive qualities making them rather unique and make me wanting to explore this kind on and on. That can be said of almost every other kind of teas you steep a lot of I'd wager, and it's liu bao that's like that for me.

I've been checking up on a 2003 farmer style liu bao from EoT recently. I remember it having an interesting buckwheat-like bitterness to it and now, a year down the road, in a different brewing vessel it takes on a coke-like (i.e. the soft drink) sweetness at the end of the sip. The pot seem to love it too lighting up with a glow. True liu bao specimen and yet brilliantly unique.