What Pu'er Are You Drinking

Puerh and other heicha
aet
Vendor

Tue May 03, 2022 10:11 pm

Though I'd share my typical working day in spring harvest.
Pasha Da Shu ( in gaiwn ) , Ailao Shan ( some forest tea ) , Ban Pen Lao Zhai , Mang Ban Lao Zhai , Bulang Shan.
6 more to go.
Attachments
2022 sheng testing
2022 sheng testing
WechatIMG8927.jpeg (136.78 KiB) Viewed 710 times
Bok
Vendor

Wed May 04, 2022 1:56 am

aet wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 10:11 pm
Though I'd share my typical working day in spring harvest.
Pasha Da Shu ( in gaiwn ) , Ailao Shan ( some forest tea ) , Ban Pen Lao Zhai , Mang Ban Lao Zhai , Bulang Shan.
6 more to go.
I wish you a strong, stomach, you'll need it!
People see, what the poor vendors do endure with their bodies to find good teas for you guys...
debunix

Wed May 04, 2022 10:14 am

Maerskian wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 3:15 pm
my regular leaf ratio ( 18-20gr )
That's a remarkable regular leaf ratio. What size is your regular pot?

Yesterday I had a very nice session with Norbu's 2007 Yong De White bud sheng, in a shiboridashi about 120mL, 2-3 grams of leaf. This cake was my very first sheng whoever that I tasted and then purchased, after a tasting through another forum. My first time preparing some of it, I was distracted and my 1 g in 60 mL that was accidentally infused 80 seconds for first infusion was rather startling! Not yet knowing that such mistakes can often be salvaged by some serious dilution, I just discarded it and started over. And when I proceeded with a series of flash infusions, I enjoyed its still funky smokiness, it's notes of sharp but tasty herbs, and the delicate Floral sweetness underneath. In my own random Los Angeles storage (e.g., no real attempt whatsoever at humidity control), it went through an unpleasant adolescence (a just plain 'blah' phase) and it has arrived at a quite pleasant but not brilliant maturity.

I'm imagining your regular leaf ratio resulting in some thing like the potency of that first shocking session with my white bud sheng.....!
Maerskian

Wed May 04, 2022 5:40 pm

debunix wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 10:14 am
Maerskian wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 3:15 pm
my regular leaf ratio ( 18-20gr )
That's a remarkable regular leaf ratio. What size is your regular pot?
My regular pots ( as i even dare to drink 2-3 different teas that can last 2-3 days ) are 200ml - 300ml ( the one i use the most, had a session with it today ) - 400ml . Also have a couple of 550ml ones plus three "tiny" 100ml pots for the expensive/frightening kind. All of them ceramic with the exception of two "tiny" ones ( purion ) + one of the large ones ( purion as well ).
Yesterday I had a very nice session with Norbu's 2007 Yong De White bud sheng, in a shiboridashi about 120mL, 2-3 grams of leaf. This cake was my very first sheng whoever that I tasted and then purchased, after a tasting through another forum. My first time preparing some of it, I was distracted and my 1 g in 60 mL that was accidentally infused 80 seconds for first infusion was rather startling! Not yet knowing that such mistakes can often be salvaged by some serious dilution, I just discarded it and started over. And when I proceeded with a series of flash infusions, I enjoyed its still funky smokiness, it's notes of sharp but tasty herbs, and the delicate Floral sweetness underneath. In my own random Los Angeles storage (e.g., no real attempt whatsoever at humidity control), it went through an unpleasant adolescence (a just plain 'blah' phase) and it has arrived at a quite pleasant but not brilliant maturity.

I'm imagining your regular leaf ratio resulting in some thing like the potency of that first shocking session with my white bud sheng.....!
Sounds like it. I kept increasing my leaf ration until i felt comfortable with it; with some particularly strong teas felt overpowering at first, now i'm used to it.
3480choo
New user

Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:49 am

I have kept some fair quantities of Nan Zhao beeing char produced by Xiaguan factory in Yunnan in the year 2005.
This tea has aged considerably in tropical Malaysia. For quite a while now, this tea is a must for my morning sessions. A real treat to saviour the fragrant and bitter/sweet brown brew only aged puer can give.
Last edited by Victoria on Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod edit: moved post to Fermented Teas