What HeiCha are you drinking

Puerh and other heicha
debunix

Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:49 am

Those both sound lovely, but especially the golden raisin bread. My mind is translating that into something like the caramel sweetness of a perfect infuson of Golden Needle White Lotus shu puerh from Menghai, adding a bit of plummy fruitiness, and imagining that the raisins are in a toasted whole-grain bread with that deep flavor.

Mmmmm.
Stephen

Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:16 pm

2012 Three Cranes Liu Bao cake from TealifeHK. Smooth and easy drinking. Smoother than I expected for the age.

2012-2013 Sun Yi Shun Raw Liu An from TealifeHK. Pleasant and surprisingly easy to drink. An interesting tea that reminds me of sheng pu er and a little of a Kang brick tea.
Flavor Hedonist

Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:17 am

I've been having 2014 Yun Tai Mountain Wild Tian Jian from Yunnan Sourcing for the past few days. As a frequent drinker of Laphroiag, the peaty notes that Scott described instantly appealed to me. I opened the box last Sunday after getting hungover on Laphroiag 10 the night before. The tea itself began with notes of peat and pine smoke. And, it introduced a molasses sweetness by the fourth infusion and keeps on becoming sweeter and sweeter.

This morning, I drank it again inside my Nixing Pot. The clay muted the peat and smoke but amplified the pine notes. The pine was kinda resinous similar to hops. I don't know if this is the optimum way to drink it tbh. Tian Jian still confuses me. Maybe I'll try a boil next time. :D
Stephen

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:53 pm

I brewed up the 90's Liu An from Yunnan Sourcing. I usually find this tea a bit too strong when brewed at 1g to 15-20ml. This time I brewed 6-7g in a 180ml zini teapot and was rewarded with a few very pleasant steepings. Most notable was the clarity and vibrancy of the deep red brew.
Flavor Hedonist

Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:05 am

A very important Mainland Chinese business partner who particularly loves heicha paid me a visit a few hours ago. I brought out the good stuff and served him some 2002 Aged Wild Liu Bao Tea "803" from Yunnan Sourcing. I brewed it in a Nixing pot and damn that tea brewed like forever. I probably used 3 liters for about 5 grams. The tea tasted like very sweet wood that keeps on getting sweeter each steep, subtle undertones of mushrooms, earth and vanilla bean. It's been 4 hours now, I had a quick nap an hour ago and I'm still feeling a bit tea drunk. :D And, he seems happy about the tea as well.