High grade of Gu zhu zi sun

Non-oxidized tea
luchayi

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:32 am

Last year I have bought the second harvest of this tea from Zhejiang province and it had a delicate taste similar to Mao feng but with an hint of zucchini and it was a little bit pungent.
This year I have tried another version really expensive and it was really different with an hay and whole wheat aroma.
You can find the pictures and the review on my instagram profile.
Have you ever tried this tea?

Last edited by Victoria on Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Mod edit: corrected url link.
debunix

Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:40 pm

Yes! I remember that name associated with some fantastic sessions. I got some from Norbu, and it was delicately vegetal, floral, sweet, as good a tea as I’d drink up to that time.

Sadly, I also learned from it that green tea is more delicate than oolong, and should be carefully stored and finished soon adter opening. I bought more after the first “holy moly this is brilliant!” moment, but by the time I dug into those later packages, the magic was gone and it was a merely ordinary green.
pedant
Admin

Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:42 pm

have not tried. it sounds nice though.
luchayi

Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:32 am

debunix wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:40 pm
Yes! I remember that name associated with some fantastic sessions. I got some from Norbu, and it was delicately vegetal, floral, sweet, as good a tea as I’d drink up to that time.

Sadly, I also learned from it that green tea is more delicate than oolong, and should be carefully stored and finished soon adter opening. I bought more after the first “holy moly this is brilliant!” moment, but by the time I dug into those later packages, the magic was gone and it was a merely ordinary green.
It depends of the green tea, by the way a lot of tea shops sell 25g for every kind of tea so you can buy a small quantity...
luchayi

Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:34 am

pedant wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:42 pm
have not tried. it sounds nice though.
It's a great tea, I will try the yuqian harvest to have a comparison.
debunix

Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:11 am

luchayi wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:32 am
It depends of the green tea, by the way a lot of tea shops sell 25g for every kind of tea so you can buy a small quantity...
Now I'm more careful with my green tea in general.....I refrigerate unopened packages, and do not keep many varieties open at once, so once I bring them out of the fridge, they're used up more quickly. And I do not 'stock up' on large quantities of my greens (I save that approach for puerhs and age-friendly oolongs).