Is this a jade spring tea?

Non-oxidized tea
andews
New user

Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:54 pm

Hello, i am pretty new to tea and i am kind of overwhelmed with the quantity of types and subtypes and different qualities and production methods etc, but i try to get along.

I live in a town near Barcelona and a man from Marocco sold me some tea that just said "chinese Green tea" (loose leaf). It was pretty cheap and i got it and i was very surprised by how good It looks and It tastes pretty good too. Now the thing is that i am not sure if that is just "the best i know" but still bad quality or if i actually got mad lucky.

After some research It seems like this is a Jade Spring tea, i could be wrong tho (most probable). (See attached picture)

Can you guys tell just from the looks which tea it might be and if the quality is any good? Thanks for any answer <3
Attachments
IMG_20220114_233424.jpg
IMG_20220114_233424.jpg (414.03 KiB) Viewed 1483 times
Bok
Vendor

Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:58 pm

Usually Moroccan use Chinese loose green tea leaves to prepare their famous Mint tea. They use an export grade of green tea for it. Looks exactly like what you have their, some open some half rolled, which fits that this is normally tea so low graded it has no market in China and is only sold for export.

It’s still ok to drink, don’t get me wrong, but it’s nothing special. Cheap grocery corner shop stuff it is.