sencha and matcha suggestion

Non-oxidized tea
phier

Fri May 21, 2021 11:08 am

@Xeractha i can order to UK or GERmany, but i live in Czechia. So anything that can be shipped to UK/DE ... these u mentioned can be buy where? directly from their sites? thanks
LeoFox

Fri May 21, 2021 11:14 am

phier

Fri May 21, 2021 11:32 am

also wondering is it possible that 100g of matcha for $24 has a good quality?
https://www.ochaandco.com/products/orga ... ese-matcha

thanks
phier

LeoFox wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 11:14 am
https://www.darjeeling.cz/
will check, thanks
Xeractha

Fri May 21, 2021 11:48 am

phier wrote:
also wondering is it possible that 100g of matcha for $24 has a good quality?
https://www.ochaandco.com/products/orga ... ese-matcha

thanks
I live in Hungary and I use those sites (I just got another order today from Maiko). You should have even more options than I have. If there's no restriction because of Covid than all thoses sellers should be good.
I'm not sure about that ochaandco thing. The O-cha I was refering to (as others) is this: o-cha.com.

For 24 USD it's surely not amazing. Maiko-tea sells cheap matcha but I'd start at "Kyo Mukashi" (40g) or something that's more expensive. Maybe it's my taste but I find Maiko's prices reasonable. I feel like you get what you pay for, fair prices I mean. Very cheap matcha is usually used for cooking or latte.

Unfortunately the shipping cost increased during covid. So it's better to order at least 2 type of teas. I used order 100g tea when the shipping was only 3-400 yen but not anymore.
teatime
New user

Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:25 am

Hello,

I am located in the USA, and new to Matcha. I usually have Matcha powder with water or with milk, like a Matcha Latte from Starbucks.

I am looking to buy some Matcha powder which is of good quality, and not artificially sweetened to have a few times a week.

Any recommendations please?

Thank you
teatime
Victoria
Admin

Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:26 pm

teatime wrote:
Hello,

I am located in the USA, and new to Matcha. I usually have Matcha powder with water or with milk, like a Matcha Latte from Starbucks.

I am looking to buy some Matcha powder which is of good quality, and not artificially sweetened to have a few times a week.

Thank you
teatime
Welcome to TeaForum @teatime. Moved your post here as there are many recommendations. You might also use the Search function Matcha/Topic Title for more matcha vendor discussions such as;

The next matcha?

Your day in matcha

Matcha Tea Newbie...

Rating current matcha and finding good cost/oz matcha (recs requested)

Green Tea Vendor Topic
Baisao

Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:19 am

teatime wrote:
Hello,

Thank you
teatime
Victoria’s suggestions are solid.

There’s little reason to choose a high end matcha for making lattes since the flavor will be masked by the other ingredients. A lower grade matcha that is above “culinary grade” might be best for this purpose. The brand Ito En comes to mind as one that may be suitable and is readily available in the US.

Expect that whatever matcha you get is sealed and in small amounts since it goes stale quickly. Eight ounces will probably go bad before you finish it, so there’s false economy when buying matcha in bulk.

The higher end matchas will be tasty when made conventionally with only water and tea. They remind me of hot chocolate but with more complexity. They won’t have any bitterness. Chocolate, red berries, and fresh figs are common naturally occurring flavors in these matchas. These flavors will be lost in a latte or Starbucks-like beverage.

FWIW, I never liked conventionally prepared matcha when using lower grade tea. I’m wild about matcha now that I’ve had the good stuff. I mention this because you might think it’s something you dislike if you try to make usu cha with lower grade matcha, as I did. It’s like thinking you don’t like tacos if all you’ve had is Taco Bell Doritos Locos.

I have attached a screenshot of instructions for preparing matcha conventionally. This was taken from Thés du Japon:
Attachments
3DE4CF6E-CC3A-4015-B380-79475C911B96.jpeg
3DE4CF6E-CC3A-4015-B380-79475C911B96.jpeg (248.52 KiB) Viewed 3282 times
Janice

Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:54 am

Thes-du-japon also has a video to illustrate their method, on this page https://www.thes-du-japon.com/index.php ... =page&id=1
debunix

Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:45 am

Baisao wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:19 am
FWIW, I never liked conventionally prepared matcha when using lower grade tea. I’m wild about matcha now that I’ve had the good stuff. I mention this because you might think it’s something you dislike if you try to make usu cha with lower grade matcha, as I did.
This was exactly my experience: I bought a variety of Matcha from different brick & mortar shops, and hated all of it. But when I went to Japan and was shown how to
prepare good stuff, my attitude changed 100%.